Who we are and what we do:
We are a “purpose driven” practice. Research shows that lives spent in pursuit of happiness can result in the opposite: sadness, emptiness, and even depression. If not happiness, what should one’s goal be? Perhaps it is the pursuit of meaning/purpose.[i]
“Purpose is a goal toward which we are always working. It is the forward-pointing arrow that motivates our behavior and serves as the organizing principle of our lives.”
Here’s the truth. We exist on this earth for some undetermined period of time. During that time we do things. Some of these things are important. Some of them are unimportant. And those important things give our lives meaning and happiness. The unimportant ones basically just kill time.
So when people say, “What should I do with my life?” or “What is my life purpose?” what they’re actually asking is: “What can I do with my time that is important?”
When people feel like they have no sense of direction, no purpose in their life, it’s because they don’t know what’s important to them, they don’t know what their values are.
We are Coaches, Accountability Buddies, Pep Talkers, Cheerleaders, Philosophers and Guides. We are here to help and guide you to achieve your goals
A life coach is someone that looks to empower others by helping them make, meet and exceed goals in both their personal and professional lives.
Our Coaches put their focus on their clients. The lead in the relationship is always taken by the client, the coach just supports their client to express his or her thoughts and bring the client’s own solution from the inside out.
The tools and techniques used to produce this powerful collaboration are:
• Active Listening on multiple levels: your coach will be listening for what is spoken, what is not spoken, the energy and tone in which words are spoken; in order to read the spirit behind your words to hear exactly what you are saying. It is fulfilling and empowering to be fully heard and understood. Your coach will help you set your visions/purpose, clarify your values, identify your obstacles, set goals and take those first steps
• Asking powerful questions: your coach has been trained to ask powerful and direct questions in order to continuously learn more about you, where you want to go and how you can get there.
• Imagining the Possibilities: sometimes individuals get stuck and cannot imagine their way out of a challenge or problem. Your coach will support you in possibility thinking and you will access the solution to your problem or challenges as you always hold the key.
• Assisting in goal setting and planning: Through using active listening and asking powerful questions, your coach will support you in setting goals and planning how to achieve them. These goals will be your goals as they will come from you and the timing and planning will all come from you as well.
• Staying on track: one of the most powerful benefits of having a coach is that each week, they will ask you how your plans and goals are coming along. This helps you stay on track or chart a new course to achieve your vision and get results.
OUR PURPOSE IS TO:
- Help you get results and more clarity about your choices and circumstances.
- To “draw out” your own motivations, skills, faith and courage to grow.
OUR VISON is built around six core values, they are the foundations of our coaching practice.
YOU CAN SIT WITH US – We are fanatical about including all others with absolutely no judgement. We are a culture of “Kind to everyone and friends with anyone.” We are obsessed with creating opportunities and experiences for people who have been excluded. We strive to be an organization filled with people who are more different than alike. We believe that you can’t serve a diverse world if your organization isn’t a small-scale version of that diversity.
PLAN TO SUCCEED – We focus on results, not to-dos. We are clear in our expectations. We anticipate. We think before we act. We plan before we execute. We believe that you can achieve anything if you are focused, hard-working and have a roadmap.
WE CHOOSE JOY– Every Day. We choose a positive outlook. We choose to ground ourselves in gratitude. We understand that we must take control of that feeling within ourselves before we can share it with you. So, we choose laughter and happiness and dancing and smiles; not because we believe life is always easy and fun but because we know that even amongst darkness, we can create our own light.
WE ARE SERVANT LEADERS – We are giving. We believe to whom
much is given, much is expected. We believe in asking, “how can I help?” We
believe in showing up for others with our hands, our hearts and our skills.